|Posted by DarkRider on September 29, 2010 at 4:27 PM|
Hail and Fair Greetings Blades Fans,
Not that I have any spare time to spend these days, but I thought I'd strangle out a few candid minutes to update the project log here. I'm sure by now many of you have discovered the project threads around the community are all closed; maybe no one noticed... At any rate, the reason for the thread closure was two fold, 1) I was feeling immensely pressured by the progress bar and the recent lack of progress 2) I am going to be reopening new threads once BETA begins.
The project should have been in BETA several weeks now by my schedule, but what I have learned is that babies, pregnant wives, and extremely giddy grandparents to be have no respect for the schedules of men. The same organization and scheduling that brought the project this far is basically useless now. I might plan to work 40+ hours a week in the CS and I'm lucky if I can manage 5 uninterrupted hours in that stretch. It's incredibly frustrating and I'm finding myself struggling to find my footing in this new flow of life surging around me.
What I can say with certainty is that RST will be finished, but i honestly have no idea when. My BETA testers and voice actors are all committed and on standby and I'm doing all I can to get the project to them asap. The release goal has been pushed forward at least a small bit due to the Halloween Challenge on TESA, provided RST is ready to release then (Nov 2nd), I would like to wait until the polls close for the challenge on November 8th before hosting another major release.
So where is the project now?
Currently I am polishing the boss battles and trying to iron out the kinks in AI and the quests; essentially finishing Alpha testing/fixing. Before I send the project to BETA I want to make sure it's playable through from beginning to end so they don't get stuck anywhere while trying to test it. If I could manage the free time it's probably only a few days of work, but getting that time is the challenge facing the project. Unfortunately there is no solution except perseverance and patience. I promise to keep at it if you all promise to not give up on me.
This weekend promises to be good for the project, the Halloween Challengers on TESA should be settled to their task and things should be quiet on the home front so I may get a good portion polished up. I will update again when I've made more progress.